At Lamberhead Green Academy our curriculum will be purposeful; equipping our pupils with a firm foundation of knowledge, life skills and memorable experiences.
Our curriculum will build the resilience necessary for all children, irrespective of their starting points, to recognise and achieve success in an ever changing world.
We will ensure all pupils fulfill their potential academically and socially in the wider world to become ambitious lifelong learners.
As our children return post enforced school closures we will
- Teach an ambitious and broad curriculum in all subjects from the start of the autumn term, but make use of existing flexibilities to create time to cover the most important missed content
- Aim to return to the school’s normal curriculum in all subjects by summer term 2021
- Prioritise teaching time in the first two terms to address significant gaps in pupils’ knowledge (with the aim of returning to the school’s normal curriculum content by no later than summer term 2021.)
- Curriculum planning should be informed by an assessment of pupils’ starting points and addressing the gaps in their knowledge and skills, in particular making effective use of regular formative assessment
- Plan to ensure any pupils educated at home for some of the time are given the support they need to master the curriculum and so make good progress.
To enable us to do this we will
- identify the key knowledge, concepts and understanding that children have lost from the previous year that are vital for their future success.
- Identify the key knowledge, concepts and understanding that are vital from the current year
- Blend both of these into a more focussed curriculum
- Maintain a record of what’s been put aside so that over time it can be regained