Information for children attending school
You will have been contacted today if your child has a place in school on Monday
Primarily, schools are closed to provide protection for children (and the population) through increasing social distancing. The guidance from the government makes it clear that primarily children should be at home.
However, to aid the running of the nation in these difficult times, school staff are being asked to put themselves (and so their families) at an increased risk than the rest of the population by providing a role in keeping important parts of the country’s infrastructure functioning.
We are doing all we can to keep our staff and children safe and well, and appreciate your support for our staff who are doing all they can to play their part in in keeping the country going through this crisis, whilst keeping their own families safe and well. With this in mind we are limiting contact between staff and visitors as much as possible.
To help us do this please do not approach staff at the doors or in the playground. If you have any information that you wish to pass to school either send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the school office
If you require The Orchard out of school provision, this will be open from 7:30 am and close at 6pm and will be via the community door as usual. Children attending The Orchard should be brought/collected from the Community room door as usual. However, once you have rung the bell, we ask that adults step back and allow children to enter/exit without the adult making contact with the staff member
Please respond to the email we sent you, before 9:00pm on Sunday, with the following information
- Confirmation that you accept the place
- What days/hours you will be requiring a place
- What Orchard (before/after school club) provision you need
To support us with keeping our staff safe and healthy, for children not attending breakfast club, we are putting the following measures into place.
- The school gates will be locked until 8:30. If you arrive before this time please make sure you practice social distancing and stand 2 metres away from any other adult/child.
- FS and Y1 children should enter the school grounds via the gate near Foundation stage. They should then wait in the playground opposite Miss Gaskell’s class. You should wait on the other side of the green fence. The classroom doors will open at 8:55am. Children should then enter the classroom as quickly as possible. Adults bringing children to school must stay on the playground. They must not approach school staff
- Y2 and Y3 children should enter the school grounds via the gate near the end of the hall. They should then wait in the playground opposite Miss Killilea’s class. You should wait on the other side of the green fence. The classroom doors will open at 8:55am. Children should then enter the classroom as quickly as possible. Adults bringing children to school must stay on the playground. They must not approach school staff
- Y4, Y5 and Y6 children should enter the school grounds via the gate at the office. They should then wait outside the hall double doors. You should wait on the other side of the school fence. The hall doors will open at 8:55am. Children should then enter the hall as quickly as possible. Adults bringing children to school must stay on the other side of the fence. They must not approach school staff
A map of these routes is below this information
Here is some further information to help next week:
- Please note, we will be offering childcare, not education. Your child will be in a mixed-age group and may not be cared for by their usual teacher
- We ask that children come to school in school uniform, but trainers can be worn.
- If your child is not attending school, you should inform us in the usual way
- If not attending after-school club, children should be collected at 3:20pm.
- Children will be let out one at a time and staff will watch to make sure they go to the correct adult.
- Please do not approach staff at the end of the day
- If there is information we need to pass to you, it will either be emailed or your will be rung.
- While waiting in the playground, please practice social distancing- make sure you are standing at least 2 meters away from another person and stand behind the fences as in the morning
- All children must be collected by an adult/responsible sibling. No child will be allowed to walk home alone
- Children are not required to attend the full day and can be collected as soon as you are able (from the main school reception entrance). Please let us now in advance if you collecting before the end of the day.
- Initially, school lunches will be provided for Free School meal children only. Everyone else should bring a packed lunch. This may change.
- No parents will be allowed to enter the building.
- Should your child show symptoms of COVID-19, you will be contacted to collect your child immediately. Please also remember that if any member of your family shows symptoms, your household should isolate for 14 days.
- Please let us know if your situation changes and you do not need this childcare as there are parents waiting for places.
These are the arrangements for entering school each morning. Children will leave by the doors they enter school